Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
State law prohibits many common household items like paint, batteries, electronics and sharps from being placed in your bin. Keeping these items out of your bin helps protect the environment and the people collecting and sorting your waste, and allows our sorters to focus on recovering more recyclables. These items can still be easily disposed or recycled – find an option that works for you!
Eligible for free drop-off
Monday – Saturday, 8am – 4pm at the Eastern Regional MRF
Eligible for free drop-off with appointment
Available the third Saturday all year long and every Friday, May – September
Business drop-off day is on third Friday of each month, fees apply
Call (530) 583-7800 to schedule an appointment. Visit waste101.com/hazardous-materials for more information on acceptable items.
Eligible for free pickup
Available on regular garbage pickup day
Place in plastic bag on top of can or enclosure.
Eastern Regional Materials Recovery Facility
900 Cabin Creek Road, off Highway 89
Safe Hauling Requirements:
- Keep products in their original sealed containers, if possible.
- Label materials and sort products by type.
- Place leaking containers in tightly sealed, labeled plastic containers.
- Pack containers upright in cardboard or plastic containers.
- Secure in your car truck or truck bed.
- Maximum 15 gal. or 125 lbs.